Friendship House Memory Support
Our Friendship House memory support neighborhood ensures specialized care in a secure setting for those living with memory loss from Alzheimer's or other Alzheimer type dementias. We partner with each resident and their family to develop a person centered plan of care around each resident's "Life Story.”
Each Friendship House resident enjoys the comfort of a private apartment, while our highly trained staff provides 24-hour supervision and innovative person-centered support developed specifically to address the needs of individuals with memory loss.
Here, residents thrive in an environment promoting choice and celebrating accomplishments through enjoyment of the familiar. We strongly believe people with memory loss deserve the chance to live to their full potential, and we're here to help make that happen!
We have partnered with SimpleC Care Specialiststo develop a personalized therapy plan for each resident that uses engaging Life Story media to address behavioral issues, cue for daily activities, and stimulate positive memories. It is a unique media focusing process that determines the selection of specific pictures and music to stimulate important memories and life experiences.
SERVICES AND AMENITIES:
- Access to a full array of healthcare including skilled nursing home and rehabilitation services
- Private residence in a secure environment
- Memory boxes outside each room holding memorabilia of resident's past to help them locate their rooms more independently
- Staff members trained in working with individuals with Alzheimer's or memory loss
- 24-hour supervised care
- 24-hour emergency response system
- Medication monitoring and supervision
- Three nutritious meals per day with personalized dining services
- Daily housekeeping and linen service
- Personal laundry service
- Daily bed making
- Paid utilities (except telephone), including basic cable
- Scheduled activities providing social, educational, recreational and spiritual wellness
- Common spaces designed to encourage socialization and relaxation, including living room and activity room
- Chapel (Catholic Mass and other denominational services)
- Secure courtyard for walking and gardening
- Access to beauty salon and barbershop
Tours of Friendship House at Wellington Court are available by scheduling an appointment. Call us today at 770-645-2340 or toll free at 866-826-3400, and feel free to send us an email or request additional info through our Information Request Form.